Its purpose is to reduce texture tiling effect and provide much better and smooth terrain textures, especially at large areas where texture tiling is very visible and breaks immersion. It is realized by blending base texture with its larger variant (with modified UV values) and adding noise to the result.
This leads to a great looking, realistic terrain without repeating textures – it’s a great tool for both procedural or predefined terrains.
Works out of the box – just download, apply material and done! No need to change your workflow or recreate terrain.
● Controllable mixing strength
● Mixes UVs of diffuse textures
● Adds customizable noise to reduce tiling even more
● No additional textures required
● Works as Diffuse or Standard shader
● Great for procedural terrains
● No significant performance loss
● Very easy workflow – just assign material and done
● Compatible with Map Magic (and probably other terrain assets as well)